My Little Sweeties

My Little Sweeties

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Fun in the Sun

May was filled with playdates, the outdoors, and more milestones. The stress of wrapping up my classroom and interviewing for a new teaching position closer to home made for long and difficult days for me, but I always had my kids to look forward to at the end of the day. I realize how blessed I am, and as I look at each of these pictures and all the wonderful moments I have experienced, my heart feels so happy and thankful. Praise the Lord for all the miracles I have been given.


AJ and Abby love to play in their little playhouse. I ended up selling this playhouse and bought one a little newer with a few more bells and whistles on it.

AJ loves to throw rocks into the pond at the dog park. Here he is lounging on the picnic table after finishing a snack.
AJ was able to make his own pizza at Tyler and Hayley's house. They were fun to make, and tasted great!
Hanging out on the bench at Como with friends Tegan and Trevor.
Trevor and AJ had a blast going on some rides at Como Town. Here they are riding on the train. I laughed so hard I cried when I watched Trevor and AJ ride on the frogger hopping ride. They had so much fun, and the anticipation was almost unbearable!
AJ and Trevor also enjoyed riding on the "race cars". I don't think I am ever going to be ready for him to be sixteen!
Abby is pretty proud of herself now that she is mobile!

I think AJ's preference would be for Abby to NOT be mobile. Most of the time she just stares at him with adoration, but sometimes there is a little mischief in her eyes.
Abby coming to grab the camera out of my hands :)
I want to pinch those rosy cheeks!
This summer I was able to successfully plant a flower garden in the front and a vegetable garden in the back. AJ helped me tote tons of black dirt around in his wagon, and we were both amazed with the amount of worms we found. What fun for a three year old!
My birthday cake. Yummy!
AJ made each of his grandmas and great-grandma's an art project. He had so much fun! He is definitely a creative person, but I was also impressed with the time and patience he gave each picture.
Holding hands in the car :)
This is Grace, the kids' 3rd cousin. She just adored Abby, and Abby was very intrigued by her as well.
Abby is so fortunate that she has all of AJ's hand-me-downs. There are countless opportunities throughout the day for her to engage in thought-provoking learning. Can't you just see the wheels a-turning?
AJ helping me rake the garden.
I love the fact that Abby is able to play independently in the back yard so I can work on my garden. She loves to open and close the windows and door to the house.
AJ got his first official cleaning this month. Six months ago he went to the dentist's office to "meet" the dentist and sit in the chair. This time he had so say "AHHHH" and although he wasn't happy about it in the least, he did incredibly well. I was so proud of him! Abby even had an appointment and had her teeth checked.
He wanted to take these sunglasses home in the worst way!
AJ being silly.
Playing at the park by grammy and granpa's house.
On the boat with dad.
Having fun at the park in our neighborhood.
AJ loves to watch Adam fish, but especially when he gets to hold the fishing pole afterwards. He is a natural!


Abby enjoying a little snack on the boat.
AJ holding up the fish him and Adam caught.
I was so incredibly proud of my mother this month. She helped organize a vintage tea fundraiser for the Someplace Safe Organization - where she works. She spoke several times in front of a large crowd. I am so blessed that my mother is such a part of my life! That is one proud grandma!!! (and happy grand-baby)
Abby fighting my dad over the french fry :)
Another picture at the vintage tea fundraiser.
Abby had fun "driving" the car. She thought it was pretty cool to sit in my seat :)
Abby LOVES bath time, especially when she gets to take a bath with AJ.
Playing on the bed after her bath.
I walked into the play room and saw this. I think the drawer had already been pulled out. She cracked herself up over this !
Abby's favorite toy is my cell phone. She had climbed up onto this rocking chair without letting go of the cell phone and had the biggest smile on her face.
Abby smiling for the camera.

AJ showing me a toad he found in the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment