My Little Sweeties

My Little Sweeties

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

From 2.5 to 7

Mathematically speaking, 2.5 to 7 is not a big difference, that is unless you are comparing 2 1/2 to 7 weeks until we travel to bring our son home.  Our Article 5 was picked up yesterday,Tuesday, August 5th.  According to recent trends I have been following on adoptive groups on facebook 2 1/2 weeks is very realistic.  According to our adoption agency, which continues to err on the side of caution, we are looking at 4-6 weeks, 7 at most. 

This is leaving me in a bit of a panic.  I have a classroom to get ready and a long-term sub to meet, two kids to get ready for school (including a kindergartener, who I will most likely miss on her first day of school, sniffle sniffle), packing to do, shopping for final necessary items for a son who I have no idea what size clothes he is, what he eats, or what will entertain him on our 22 hour flight home, and of course there are the nesting projects that I slightly regret (repainted two rooms recently and currently am working on making curtains for Christian's room, which will be shared with Abby and dustruffles for his crib.  In addition to all that craziness, my poor kids have been dragged around with me doing errand after errand in preparation for this all.  I have been trying super hard to be intentional with my time with them and we have really had a great summer, but there is that constant layer of mommy guilt that I should do more with them and for them.  My plan is still to tutor through the end of summer and to attend workshop week late August, but that might change if I get "the email" in the next week. 

The kids got their hair cuts today and my oh my do they look cute.  They have been helping me sew and paint and really seem comfortable and at peace with Adam and I leaving the country for three weeks.  Thank goodness for my family - my mom will be living at our house and watching the dogs and taking care of AJ and Abby.  They have been making projects and gifts for us to bring to China to give to Christian so he can immediately experience the love of his brother and sister. 

Today I also got an email from the orphanage that Christian is living at.  They shared that he is scheduled to have his first palate surgery in September, but with us coming so soon wanted to know if we wanted them to cancel it.  I am so grateful that they would ask us that and let us as his parents make that decision.  As we already have our first appointment scheduled for October 1st, I asked for them to cancel the appointment and let us have his surgeries here at home.  

So, we are now 1 day into our 18-49 day wait until we board our plane and experience our newest blessing.  Any predictions on what the final number will be?

No comments:

Post a Comment