My Little Sweeties

My Little Sweeties

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Big Smiles!

The past few days we have all been blessed to see Abby start to do the big, open-mouth, gummy smiles. Her eyes get all lit up and sometimes she makes a chuckling sound. It is so much fun, and AJ and I play it as a game to see if we can make her smile. He gets so excited and repeatedly will say "AJ make her happy!" She only does this if she is wide awake, full, and dry, but she almost always smiles under those circumstances :) She is also starting to coo, and makes happy sounds when she nurses. I tried the bottle today with some of my milk, but no luck :( I remember it taking a few weeks with AJ, so I wasn't too upset, but if anybody has a suggestion on how to help this process along, I would love your advice!

At Abby's one month appointment she weighed in at 10 lb 1.5 oz, and the nurse measured her at 23 1/2 inches (but I think she is not quite that long, she was just a little wiggly). She is really starting to fill out and is looking like such a beautiful baby. AJ sometimes greats her as "Hey beautiful," or "Hi pretty Abby". It is so cute! (This doesn't affect his self-esteem as he refers to himself as handsome :))...

Not enough time or energy to post more, but we are heading to my parent's house tomorrow for the weekend, so I am sure we will have more pictures by Monday :) Adam and I are hoping to go on our first date in a few months if I can just figure out how to help Abby take a bottle so we can be gone longer than 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment