My Little Sweeties

My Little Sweeties

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Time FLIES when you are having fun!

Well, it is official, as though there were ever a doubt, that AJ loves airplanes. Adam, AJ, and my sister were able to go up in the air last weekend on a small plane at the Alexandria airport. AJ was so excited, and I am so happy for him that he was able to experience such an exciting event. Adam enjoyed himself as well, and as a former pilot himself, I am sure he would have enjoyed the flight that much more if he were able to be behind the controls. Maybe one day :)









AJ and Abby have continued to get to know one another and are starting to truly enjoy each other. AJ does whatever he can to make her smile and "Make her happy" or "Make her smile" and he informs me. I have been so blessed that he is such a loving and affectionate child, and I definitely take advantage of it!



I haven't been able to get too many pictures of Abby showing her really big smiles because I feel guilty putting a flash in her face when she is bonding and making such good eye contact, and usually it ends up that I can't get the picture to come out good anyway, but I am sure I will have these memories of a lifetime. I just love seeing her smile and gaze into my eyes. I still think in some ways she looks like her brother did at that age, but I also think she continues to take on her own look more every day. Abby is doing very well developmentally. She is able to lift her chest off the floor some during tummy time, is socially smiling often, and continues to be a very happy/ content baby. She does hate her carseat and being out of my arms, but otherwise never cries. I can't seem to get her to take a bottle at all, which is a little concerning, but I am sure that with enough time and practice we will get it. She is really starting to coo, and can make several vowel sounds.


Here is big brother leaning in to give a kiss. I love how gentle he is with her!

We continue to have fun on playdates and outings, making sure to do something fun every day. Here are a few pictures from recent playdates.





This last week I ventured out to the zoo with both children without another adult. It went exceptionally well, and I am sure we will be doing it again regularly!
AJ had fun here "playing" with the prarie dog.


AJ LOVES water in any shape and form (literally, he does like ice cubes and to point out when he sees steam :)). Here was a waterfall that we stopped to look at for several minutes.

The most exciting thing about our trip to the zoo this time was watching the farmer milk the cows. We talk about this MANY times within a day!

AJ remembers some of the names of the cows from the zoo, and will bring up specific "friends" when we talk about the zoo.

AJ LOVES the sea otters!

Abby was carried in my carrier most of the time. I think she enjoyed being held for so long!

AJ loves to play in his little car on the driveway and the sidewalk. We are so fortunate because there is a nice big bike path right in front of our house, so he has a nice level surface to play on. He gets so excited when I spray water with the hose down the driveway. We watch the "waterfall" then he plays in the puddles.


My dad and sister are in New York right now visiting my family. They dropped off their dog, Jellybean, while there since she has diabetes and needs shots daily. While stopping in for a few minutes, my dad made sure to snuggle with both of his grandkids.


I loved this!

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment