My Little Sweeties

My Little Sweeties

Monday, July 13, 2009

Let the playdates begin!

I think life is officially going full swing and we are in what will be our "routine" through the next four months (I was approved to take off the first quarter of the school year next year, so my first day back is in November). We had such a fun and exciting week, it was just wonderful. I cannot express enough how blessed I feel to have such wonderful friends and family. It was nice getting out of the house this week, and although sometimes the car rides got a little long with one (or two) crying children, both kids seemed to have a nice time wherever we went (Abby didn't necessarily express how happy she was, but she was held lots and I had fun getting her all prettied up).

Abby is now nursing every 1-2 hours, so a little bit longer of a stretch than before. She is holding her head up so well, smiles more consistently, and is starting to coo :) When laying on her tummy, Abby is able to lift her head up and then flip it to the other direction, and she is tracking an object from side to side when laying on her bed. She is still such a happy and content little baby, we are so blessed! She will cry if she wants to be held, but the second she is picked up she stops crying (unless she wants to nurse, then as soon as she nurses she stops).

AJ had so much fun playing with friends this week. During his bedtime routine every night we "talk" about his day and the next day's schedule. He enjoyed every one of his friends, and was very happy to be out and about more. We saw lots of smiles, and get this, not even one time out was needed the whole week!!!

I tried to get a sweet and cuddly picture of Abby after bath time, so I put on this cute little hooded robe, but this pretty much summed up how bathtime goes :)

Last night Adam and I took the kids to the local elementary school and he flew his airplane and helicopter. AJ loves to watch Adam fly, but last night was extra special because he also got to see two hot air balloons, a helicopter, and an airplane. He loved playing on the playground equipment, until he fell pretty far. He is such a tough kid though, because after about a minute he was ready to go on the swings.
I need your votes! I took these pictures before church yesterday and think I want to use one for our birth announcements. Email me or write a note if you have an opinion on which of the two pictures to use :) AJ LOVES to hold his little sister, and she truly smiles the most for him.
Choice A:



Choice B:

AJ had so much fun playing with his friends Marisa and Mallory. The next few pictures are from a barbeque Mike, Jodi, and Marisa hosted. We were lucky to have our friend Joanna and her
daughter Mallory there too!
AJ loved throwing water balloons! He kept asking Adam to blow up "one more" :)
Here is Joanna and Mallory with Abby. Mal loved holding Abby, and did a very nice job being gentle and careful with her :)

I was a little worried Jodi wasn't going to give me back Abby, but she did when we left, so all was good :)

The kids LOVED playing in the pool and sand box. My little stinker jumped into the pool right after I changed him into his dry clothes. Good thing I had a second set of clean clothes for him!


Adam and I took the kids to the zoo on Saturday. AJ had a BLAST!
Here is AJ and Adam at the water park at the zoo. This is AJ's favorite exhibit at the zoo.


AJ LOVED to watch the geyser at the bear exhibit. He kept calling it a waterfall, and was screaming in glee whenever it went off. He kept shouting "OH, SO PRETTY!!!"

I caught this sweet gaze as AJ and I walked over to Adam and Abby after playing at the playground.
Abby spent most of her time sleeping in the stroller while at the zoo. She loved the breeze!
Thought this was a pretty picture Adam took.
We went and visited our friend Kim and her sons Simon and Levi. Both of our sets of kids are within a few weeks of one another. Kim and I worked together at PIE and taught together for a year at Sweeney, but we haven't seen each other in about a year. It was so nice to see them!
Abby loves to get all snuggled in the blankets!


AJ used to hate lotion, but whenever I put it on Abby he wants to "do it myself". The cutey lathered it all over his face! My friends Loretta and Tammi came to visit us this week. AJ loved playing with Loretta! She taught him how to play peek-a-boo. He kept asking for her all night and the next day too! It was so nice to visit with these ladies, I have missed them this past month (We work together so I am used to seeing them daily).
Tammi has a way with babies :) She makes a mean chicken dinner too! (Thanks Tammi!)

The kids and I went to meet Adam at the park by his work one day for lunch. AJ found the cookies, and ended up eating the cookie before he ate anything else (which, surprisingly enough, wasn't a whole lot :)).

I didn't get a chance to take pictures at our "sweeney playdate", so if anybody has a picture to share, I would love one! It is so nice getting together with co-workers who have all become such good friends with their little ones. All of our kids are two and under. The poor principal at our school is wonderful about it, but he has needed to hire many long-term subs to help us all out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment