My Little Sweeties

My Little Sweeties

Thursday, May 22, 2014

A silent commitment

I am so eternally thankful that we are adopting at a time on Earth where technology is what it is.  Last night, around 9:00, Adam and the kids were in bed and I decided to stay up "just a little while" to check on Christian's Orphanage Website.  I noticed there was a file of new pictures, so one thing led to the other and an hour into searching through pictures I came across the face of a girl I recognized from a lady who is in a Facebook group I belong to.  I emailed her the picture in case she didn't see it yet.  I did this one day last week to another lady where both of our two children were playing bubbles together.  It is amazing how connected I feel with a family living across the country knowing that all the way around the world children who we love and are bonded with are friends. Anyway - I emailed this woman yesterday the picture I found and we got to chatting.  She taught me that Google Chrome will actually translate Chinese to English just by opening the website in that browser!  Amazing, right?  So far, this past month I have spent hours clicking blindly on links and symbols in hopes of coming across new pictures of my son, often times leading to dead ends.  Now I can read what the files are called.  Some of the files with pictures are from before my son was born or living at this orphanage, so of course he wouldn't have any pictures in it, which means I don't need to sort through the 1,000+ pictures looking at every bald baby to see if that is him.  

Then, this afternoon I checked on Facebook and I had a message from another lady who I have connected with through this process. Her child was already adopted from this orphanage and she has been a tremendous resource for me. She told me our son's profile page was updated and WE WERE ON THERE.  Amazingly enough, we are.  I thought that the children's profiles were not updated once they were matched, but below is what is on his profile page right now.  It is against the rules for families and orphanages to communicate with one another.  The Chinese government wants to make sure that families are not bribing places to take better care of your child than the other children there.  I heard it was also intended to prevent any kind of trafficking.  But, even though I am able to access this public profile, we really are following the rules of not communicating.  Because of the google chrome translation and the connections I have made on facebook, I was able to have this precious gift.  The camera, jump drive, and photo book have all safely made it to his orphanage.  I have the Chinese characters on the bottom in case I can have it officially translated one day. I loved some of the words his caretaker used to tell the story of what a blessing it is to have a family. She called it a "silent commitment". I now know that our son knows who we are.  He has seen our faces.  He knows he is loved and the men and women who feed, hold, and love on him in our absence can begin telling the true fairy tale of how strangers will meet and fall in love one day very soon.

Liang Yunpeng from Shangqiu in Angel home life has been one year and four months.In this 520 day confession, Peng Peng received one from adoptive parents "confession", gives you a silent commitment "Peng Peng, starting today you have another identity: Mom and Dad's son, brother, sister, brother, grandparents, grandchildren, grandma grandpa grandson, with a complete family. " I believe such a "confession" for Angel House is better than one thousand children, "I love you."

  Peng Peng particularly bright eyes, a look that is a smart kid. One year and three months has not walk very stable, like to play ball, the ball regardless of size, in Angel's family's yard full of yard often seen chasing a villain than his little head is a big ball ran. Like to play slippery slide, slid down his back did not dare, so every time I have to slip off the head, get down, and then slid down, landing on Oh's music non-stop, every adult has a childhood, but the fun We are unable to understand.Perhaps in the eyes of adult life is okay to have some fun, own cajole yourself happy.

   Maybe the kids were young, unaware of the existence of the house, around as long as there own people can rely on and trust, perhaps for them is the feeling of home. Even if we try to do, but ultimately can not give these children a full house and family love. For small children, the dream is very light, but we will give you the power to fly sky, from soar.
   Life awaited expectations, there will be an unexpected delight. We look forward to the next delight, also witnessed a happy beginning.


  梁云鹏,来自河南商丘,在天使之家生活已经一年零四个月。在这个520告白日,鹏鹏收到了一个来自收养父母的“告白”,给了你一个无声的承诺“鹏鹏,从今天开始你有了另一个身份:爸爸妈妈的儿子,哥哥姐姐的弟弟,爷爷奶奶的孙子、姥姥姥爷的外孙,有了一个完整的家庭”。相信这样的“告白”对于天使之家的孩子来说胜过千句“我爱你”。
 鹏鹏的眼睛特别亮、一看就是个机灵小鬼。一岁零三个月就已经走路走得很稳,喜欢玩球,球无论大小,在天使之家的院子里经常看见一个小人满院子追着比自己小脑袋都大的球跑着。喜欢玩滑滑梯,仰面朝天不敢滑下来,所以每次滑的时候都要掉个头,趴下,然后滑下来,落地就呵呵的乐个不停,每个成人都有童年,可是这种乐趣我们是无法体会的。也许在成年人的眼里生活就是没事找点乐子,自己哄着自己开心吧。
也许在孩子们小的时候,意识不到家的存在,身边只要有自己可以依靠与信赖的人,也许对于他们来说就是家的感觉。即使我们努力去做,但最终也给不了这些孩子一个完整的家与家的爱。对于小小的孩子们来说,梦想很轻,但是我们会给你们飞向蓝天的力量,从此展翅翱翔。
   生活有望穿秋水的期待,也会有意想不到的欣喜。我们期待着下一个欣喜,也见证下一份幸福的开始。




2 comments:

  1. oh....this is so beautiful in so many ways!!! thank you for sharing, and i am blessed to be one of a the ladies blessed to connect with you! ;) --nancy

    ReplyDelete