My Little Sweeties

My Little Sweeties

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Potty training, first birthday parties, and valentine's day

During the month of February we focused on potty training with AJ. It all started when one day I had run out of diapers, but had a few pull-ups. I told AJ he was a big boy and it was time to go potty. He sat on the potty and went! I couldn't believe it! I sent him to daycare and told Jenny that I would like for her to try and have him go, but if it didn't work out and she needed to put him in diapers that was fine. He stayed dry all day! I gave him a few m&m's every time he peed, and he was so motivated through his sweet tooth that he tried going every few hours. He didn't ask to go at first, but after about a month he started inititated going as well. AJ continued to only pee in the toilet until one day I told him that we were going to start going "poop in the potty". I took him to target and we picked out a little five dollar monster truck. I also let him pick out a little potty seat. He chose a Diego (big surprise). I let him carry it around the store and he wanted so badly to open it. I told AJ that he could hold it in the box every time he tried to go potty, but we couldn't take it out of the packaging until he went poopy in the potty. That night he did it! First time! I gave him a sticker and we put the sticker in the box I made on a piece of construction paper. He got the toy and was so excited. The next day we went back to target and he picked out two more toys so he could have some choices of toys to earn. I then made three boxes on a new sheet of construction paper and told AJ that he had to now go poop three times to get one of his two prizes. He ended up persuading me that the first time he already went poop and got his toy counted towards the three, but in the next two days he went two more times, and ended up getting his next prize. We then did seven stickers, then ten, and with only one poopy accident to date since we started everything, he is totally potty trained! AJ does need to wear pull-ups at night time, but after about a month of potty training has been wearing thomas and diego underwear, even for nap times. I am so proud of my little boy!!! I think he was ready for a while, but it was me holding us back since things have been so busy! AJ also was invited to his first birthday parties this month. We actually were invited to two parties - one for our friends from daycare (Joey) and our friend from Sweeney (Tegan).


Gosh - I love my kids! This is what I get to wake up to in the mornings... (at least on the weekends, weekdays are usually pretty busy and we don't have time to play).

Abby bundled up for a walk around the neighborhood.

Abby loves music! She loves to sit at the piano and listen to herself play :)

AJ trying to "sit and relax" as he says it. We were looking at one of Adam's airplane magazines.

AJ walking around on the lake right after ice fishing for the first time.

AJ pushing his friend, Hayley, at the park.

AJ at his first birthday party. We have become good friends with our daycare provider, Jenny, and her two adorable kids, Joey and Sarah. AJ loved the theme - John Deere tractors of course!


Abby hanging out with Adam on a Saturday morning.

AJ having another success!

Abby on Valentine's Day.

Our Valentine's Day evening was full of fun, including an art project and decorating heart cookies.

AJ starting to doze off on the drive home from Alexandria.

Playing in the snow right after AJ's first time ice fishing.

AJ had so much fun picking out minnows and handing them to Adam to fish with. We caught little croppies almost every time within a minute. AJ got a little spoiled though because the next time we went ice fishing a few weeks later he was very dissapointed because there were no fish biting. He said several times, "I want the other house, in Alexandria" :) It is so cute when he says "Alexandria".

AJ watching attentively as Adam gets the minnow ready.

Abby enjoying eating finger foods this month.

Abby and Aunt Judy both enjoyed this special moment.

AJ one happy boy on a bit of a sugar rush after eating a cone of chocolate ice cream.

I love this picture of my mom with Abby!

I know he is my son, but seriously, isn't he just a beautiful boy?

Abby just adores her Aunt Ashley.

AJ in all his glory - bear, teddy, AND his diego toys.

Grammy and Grandpa Trexler bought AJ this flashing cup at the rainforest cafe last month. He LOVES drinking one small cupful every night before bed in the dark.

AJ playing on "his computer" - a toy called Clickstart, which is plugged into the tv and has a wireless keyboard. He quickly learned how to find all the letters and numbers on the keyboard and loves to maneuver the mouse.

Abby telling me a joke.

AJ & his Grammy.

So sweet!

It is always so funny when we put light objects on Abby's head. She gets a huge smile on her face and tries to wiggle her head around to shake it off.

Abby loves to snuggle with grandpa.

Ashley and AJ playing with his moonsand.

Look how long she is! Abby is in the 97% for length!

AJ enjoying birthday cake at his friend Tegan's birthday party. Jenn made a beautiful Thomas the Train cake!

AJ and his friend's at Tegan's party.

Abby with her buddy, Tegan.

AJ loved Tegan's race car toys!

AJ is such a good helper when I give Abby a bath. She LOVES bath time!

Love that smile! Look how cute she looks with teeth!

Abby enjoying a teething cookie.

Abby and her friend, Aurora.

Oh AJ. AJ loves being silly with Abby, and Abby loves and adores her brother when he wants to play with her.

AJ playing soccer at chuck-e-cheese.

AJ driving a race car at chuck-e-cheese.

Abby playing with mommy at chuck-e-cheese.

Grammy & Abby enjoying one another's company.

Brother and sister sharing a banana.

Uncle Tom and AJ building a tower together.

Abby learned how to imitate clapping this month!

She is so proud of herself :)

Abby and papa.

AJ loves playing at playworks. It is a workout to climb through the course, but it is so fun to see AJ's excitement!

Abby enjoys playing in the jumparoo.

Abby hanging out with her daddy.

I believe this girl is going to be a spoiled one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment