My Little Sweeties

My Little Sweeties

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Starting Christmas Traditions

This December just flew by! I had so much fun buying the fancy dresses that are everywhere for little girls. I thoroughly enjoyed building our own family traditions and took such pleasure in watching AJ "get it" and make connections between songs, art projects, and festivities. We decorated cookies, sang tons of Christmas music, and made several art projects. I did send the kids to daycare two days during winter break, which was helpful to get the house cleaned up, but the rest of the time was so special. We were able to visit lots with each of the grandparents, which everyone enjoyed!

Abby in her headband between costume changes at Nana and Papa's house.

AJ had so much fun playing with Sarah. They are the best of buds! He always talks about how nice she is :)

We had to put away the swing this month (sniffle, sniffle). Abby finally outgrew it.

AJ got a tent for Christmas. He always wanted company, and when I didn't want to go in, he would say, "Abby can come in, if she wants to."

Just about every single toy AJ owns had a turn in his tent with him. What fun!


This is what tractors are for, right? (pulling around a nativity set at Aunt Linda's house on Christmas day).

Grandpa, Grammy, and Aunt Ashley were able to join us at Aunt Linda's house for a Christmas feast. Here is grandpa playing with Abby before we changed her into her jammies.

Christmas picture.

I sure do love my kids!
Aunt Val with Abby.

AJ & Abby at Grandma Pam's house on Christmas eve.

Aunt Ashley with AJ in the tent.

Cookies and carrots left for Santa and Rudolph. This is what AJ woke up to Christmas morning.

Abby enjoying a new toy.

Grandma Pam, AJ & Abby.

Great-grandma Literski holding Abby (who is sporting her new booties).

Grammy & Abby Christmas morning.
AJ decorating cookies. It was a bit messy of a project, but definitely fun!

Shaking on "a few" sprinkles.

Abby snuggled in warm after her bath.

I think this is my favorite picture of the month. I was sitting on the couch and the kids were on the floor, and I saw they were holding hands. SOO CUTE! AJ enjoyed opening presents! I enjoyed him wearing his Santa hat :)

AJ "blowing over" a tower with Uncle Tom at nana and papa's house.

Abby with Nana.

Abby with papa.

Abby by the tree.

Abby always looks like a little doll.

Lucky us! Santa was at the zoo!

Our "deal" was I wanted one picture of AJ and Abby with Santa, then I would get a picture too.

Abby snuggled up warm in the zoo.

AJ sitting by the wolves at the zoo.

AJ with his friends from daycare (Joey and Sarah) at the zoo.

AJ giving Abby a big squeeze (maybe a little bigger than she liked) :) Abby learned how to roll over this month! She was barely six months old.


Abby just adores her big brother! Her eyes just light up when he comes near her.

We had so much fun decorating gingerbread houses. I think more candies ended up in his mouth than on the house :)

This was our Christmas picture.

Abby was super excited here!

I love those chubby cheeks! I think she looks like a cabbage patch doll here!

My little doll :)

Abby waiting for a picture with Santa at the mall (we waited about 1 1/2 hours!)

AJ and Abby taking a break on the bench while waiting for a picture with Santa.

So sweet!

Abby was able to sit with no props this month. AJ decided to chill on her blanket for a few minutes in between playing. He is so adorable!

Abby was so proud of herself for sitting up this month!

I love Abby's smile!

Abby all snuggled in her suit and carseat.

My big girl sitting on the couch!

AJ, Tyler, and Hayley enjoying chocolate covered pretzels.

AJ had so much fun helping daddy match the colors and put our tree together.
We hosted a Sweeney Playdate at our house this December. We did it as a cookie exchange (we also hosted a nieghborhood cookie exchange the following week). It was so much fun!

Not the best picture, but after waiting 1 1/2 hours we were GOING to buy the picture :)

No comments:

Post a Comment