My Little Sweeties

My Little Sweeties

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Back to reality

This November I had to face reality and go back to work. I would love to be a stay-at-home mom, but since that isn't a possibility for our family at this time, we did the next-best thing and I took the first quarter off of the school year to stay home with the kids. We were able to spend this Thanksgiving with Adam's mom's side of the family. We went to the firefighter's museum up in St. Paul. We also went to the science museum with my parents and sister to see the Titanic exhibit.

Abby broke her first tooth this month, at barely five months of age. About two weeks later her second tooth appeared. She loved chewing on the cold teethers!
This is AJ with our friend's riding in the firetruck.

We got to ride on the fire truck twice this day! It was so much fun to ride on the back/ top of the truck!
Here is AJ holding the cold teether for Abby.
Here we are on the top of the truck.
Firefighter AJ to the rescue!
This was taken right before my camera fell off the truck - may it rest in peace. (by a miracle it still worked another month or so, even though when I rescued it off the rode the batteries and memory card were strewn all over and cars were driving right over it all!)

AJ driving the simulator.
AJ always looks a little longingly at Abby's toys - he shares well. Good thing he doesn't remember all these things used to be his!
ME?
This is a picture from last month. AJ went around the neighborhood on his bike. He had so much fun!
I think AJ took inventory of all his candy to make sure mom and dad didn't sneak any :)
Playdate in our costumes :)
Awww.
Abby & Grandpa at the science museum.
I really enjoyed the Titanic exhibit. I carried Abby in the carrier and my mom took AJ through and they played with all the hands on activities afterwards while we finished looking at all the amazing artifacts.
Grammy and Abby.

This month we went to Chuck-e-cheese. Here is my mom being super competitive with the whack-a-mole game. She actually shoved AJ away because he wasn't going fast enough! (Just kidding, but she did spend about five dollars on tokens to keep playing it herself :)).

No comments:

Post a Comment