My Little Sweeties

My Little Sweeties

Monday, June 23, 2014

Five Questions

I received this email this morning: 

Dear Adam & Melissa,
 
Congratulations on the arrival of your electronic (or “soft”) LOA!  We’re so excited that things are moving forward for you to bring home your sweet Liang, Yun Peng.
 
At this time, we will be requesting an update on your child!  We’ll of course be asking for new photos, new measurements, and an update on your child’s general health, but this is your opportunity to let us know what else YOU would like to ask!   Please note that this is the last update we will be able to request. J
 
Please respond with FIVE questions you would like for us to forward to your child’s orphanage.  We suggest asking those questions that would be most helpful in preparing for this child to join your family.  Please let us know your questions within one week of this email. 
 
As a reminder, while our staff will do their very best to obtain answers to our questions, we cannot guarantee the receipt of this information, nor how long it will take to hear back.  Rest assured that when/if we do receive new information on your child, we will let you know immediately!
 
I look forward to hearing your questions!  Have a wonderful day!


While I have about a million questions I would like to ask, I can't seem to gather my thoughts together enough to narrow them down to the "best" five questions.  I feel like I know so much about my little man, and at the same time, I know nothing.  Does he have a special lovey or comfort?  What foods does he like or hate?  Can he say any words yet?  What does he like to play with?  Who does he like to play with?  What scares him?  What makes him smile?  Does he like to be held?  Rocked?  Hugged?  Is he hugged?  

There are also those questions that nobody knows the answers to - at least not yet.  Will he love me?  Will my arms bring him comfort when he is hurt or scared?  Will he get along with his brother and sister?  Will he feel safe in our arms?  Will he love and know the Lord?  

I know I have said this before, but I am so thankful for the internet.  I have thrown out a request for friends to help me think of the five "best" questions to ask and look forward to this opportunity to learn more about my son.  I am so thankful for a great adoption agency.  I am so thankful for the orphanage our son is at.  I am so thankful for our son and AJ and Abby.  I am so thankful that this rollercoaster of a journey happened and also that it is almost over.  So much to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment