My Little Sweeties

My Little Sweeties

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Halfway to the Century Club


   
   
    So, you know how when you are pregnant you read the What to Expect Books?  If you are the one who is pregnant, especially for those of you who are pregnant with your first, you know how many days into your pregnancy you are, how many days are left, what size fruit your child is, and what milestones are being met in the womb?


I have learned that in the adoption world adoption is called a paper pregnancy.  I am gaining the same pregnancy weight, similar to what husbands get when they gain their pregnancy weight, due to the extra stresses, excitement, celebrations, and set backs.  We have our crib set up sitting empty.  And, I am 50 days into this trimester wait.  What was only a few weeks ago an average of 61 days wait turned into 62, then 64, and today the wait is now an average of 65, although I have seen some people recently join the Century Club, those poor unfortunate souls who need to wait over 100 days, some who have no idea why they were the lucky ones to have to wait up to three times the wait of others, the truly lucky ones.

I had a dream last night about Christian.  In my dream he was about five years old.  I was trying to talk with him and he was getting frustrated because he only spoke Chinese.  It was a strange feeling when I woke up.  I knew that our son will be under two when we bring him home, even if we have to wait another 50 days.  I also knew that many of the fears in my dream will happen.  He will be frustrated because not only do I not speak Chinese and he does not speak English, but he can't talk at all due to his cleft palate.  I will have very limited understanding of his food or clothing preferences, what kind of games or activities he likes, or how much is too much for stimulation.  I was praying as I laid in bed processing this all and a peace came over me.  None of it will matter in the big picture of things.  I know that one day my son will better understand the love that I already have for him.  He will be able to communicate because we will teach him.  We will know what his likes and dislikes are because we will try it all and take mental notes along the way.

   A few weeks ago I was hoping to bring our son home in August, but now we are most realistically looking at September, possibly August, and I am okay with that.  Not super excited, but okay.  God has a reason for everything, and as much as I would love it, His timing is not only about my needs and wants.  With so much to look forward to, I am trying to savor and appreciate every day in between.  Abby did a wonderful job on her dance recital last week.  She looked beautiful and danced like a true ballerina (as best as a four year old can do).  AJ was a trouper sitting through about eight hours of recitals and intermissions.  This week at my school we also painted the playground.  It was a LOT of work, but well worth it.  It was such a treat to see all of the students smiles as they entered the school today.  Another reminder of how blessed I am to be able to do what I do.  This Friday is my last day of work for the school year, and next week I begin tutoring.  I can't wait until I can start organizing my house and start this nesting process :)














   

No comments:

Post a Comment