My Little Sweeties

My Little Sweeties

Friday, June 20, 2014

We have a "Soft LOA"

This news is good.  Really good.  We finally are locked in to a much more specific time frame in how long until we are able to bring sweet Christian home!  In about 10-12 weeks Adam and I will be on a plane heading to China!  In a few days we will get our "hard LOA".  This is the letter of acceptance that means China agrees for us to bring Christian home and to become a US citizen.  Now we have to work on citizenship/visa information and when we have about two weeks left our final preparations will be made setting up our travel and appointments in China.  There are about four stops we will need to make in China to finalize everything, so we will take little hopper planes around in the country with our son and when we land on US soil he will be a US citizen :)

I do have updates in case people are interested in making a financial contribution towards our adoption.  Instead of using the "go fund me account" that we have set up, which has been great, an even better alternative is through a loan we received.  There is no charge to you or us if you send a check, and only a 3% fee instead of 5% fee when you charge a financial gift.  Our family number is 4523.  If you send a check, send it to "Lifesong".  In the memo write, "4523/ Giles".  The address is:  Lifesong for Orphans / PO Box 40 / Gridley, IL  61744.  This will go directly into our account and we can request the money at any time to be sent directly to CCAI, our adoption agency.  I hope to set up a paypal tab when I get back to MN.  If you want to pay online right now you can go to:   www.lifesongfororphans.og/give/donate .  Then click on:  Give to an adoptive family.  You can search for us by our name and number (4523).  Thank you SO much to those who have already given!  We continue to collect and sort things for our fundraiser garage sale, which will be taking place in about three weeks.  We are looking forward to seeing what miracles God will make happen!


I have been so fortunate to spend this past week in NY.  My grandmother was really sick and I wanted to come and see her.  My dad had a flight for Tuesday, so I ended up joining him in his travels and have had such a gift of a week here in White Plains.  Talk about culture shock - I feel like the country mouse in this big old city!  I have been able to spend tons of time with my Grandma Trexler, Dad, and Aunt Fran.  I have also been able to spend lots of time with my Aunt Chris and Dee.  I have missed them so much and am so thankful for this time together.  In a few days Grandma is going to go with my Aunt Fran to recover.  There have been many appointments, visits with care providers, and working on setting up her temporary home, and I am so grateful to be able to help out with making arrangements.  I am AMAZED with my little old grandma, who is 96 years young right now.  She has shared many stories about her past and my father's childhood.  I can't believe what great memory she has - way better than my own!  She remembers how many buttons were on the sleeves of her wedding gown, the exact amount she has in her bank account, and the dates and times of all her doctors visits.  Such a smarty she is :) 

I did have a scare this week while here in NY.  The kids are with my mom for the week and yesterday my dad and I saw on the radar that a tornado was heading straight for their home.  There was a little red dot that showed where their house is and the three tornadoes that landed were only about three miles away.  As we watched the radar the path was heading straight through their home.  We stopped and all prayed and made a few calls to request other prayers, and when we checked the radar about five minutes later the radar showed the path take a sudden curve straight north, just missing the house, and our loved ones.  Thank you God for that Divine Intervention. 

Off to enjoy these final hours before a long day of travel tomorrow.  Thanks for checking our blog and staying connected with us in this amazing journey!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment