My Little Sweeties

My Little Sweeties

Monday, September 8, 2014

Day 11: Sick Boy

Today we had plans to go on a big tour of a few local sites in Guanzhou, but our little guy was up most of the night sick and when he woke up he was a bit of a mess.  So sick that by the time we rushed through breakfast we decided he was not up for anything short of hanging out at the hotel and resting.  So, we called our guide and said we were going to stay in.

Peng Peng was not up to much playing, and usually once he played a few minutes he would come and give one of us a hug and just lay there for a while.  We did a few baths, which he really enjoyed and seemed to loosen up the gunk in his chest a bit.  He also took a three hour nap on my chest (laying flat woke him up coughing and he had a hard time going to bed afterwards.  We took a few walks with him in his stroller around the hotel.  We also played chase in the room a few times, which moved things along in his tummy.  I stopped counting the number of times he had the Big D after his tenth or so diaper, but my guess is we easily went through twenty diapers yesterday. 

We ate snacks in the hotel room for lunch and for dinner we did a free lunch in the executive lounge.  Peng Peng likes to eat, even when he shouldn't be hungry, so Adam and I took shifts eating upstairs while the other stayed here and played with him.  I brought my book and enjoyed some peace and quiet and Adam ended up sitting with a lady from Michigan who was here buying jewelry and bringing it home to resell as her business. 

One thing that was very exciting tonight was when we put tv on at night and Frozen came on.  Peng Peng sat up and was very very excited.  He must have seen this show before because he was anticipating some of the things and loved Sven, the reindeer.  I thought I would show him how cool of a mom I am by singing along, since I know every word of every song, but he immediately gave me a dirty look and waved his hands at me and barked some orders telling me to stop.  We will have to work on him getting used to me singing a lot :) 

He cried a little tonight going to bed, but fell asleep within a few minutes.  Praying for all these medicines to start kicking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment