My Little Sweeties

My Little Sweeties

Monday, June 8, 2009

Tender Moments

So, hormones are starting (or ending?) to get the best of me. I am SO in love with my sweet little AJ, I can barely stand it. We took over an hour doing our bedtime routine tonight, savoring all the play and cuddling in his room, then in my bed, then again in the rocking chair. After dozens of books, songs, and snuggles, he did end up going to sleep without a complaint, but it was during that process some sweet moments happened.

In bed we were playing with his teddy bear and the covers. At one point he was resting his head on "his" pillow (aka, Adam's pillow), and I was resting my head on my pillow. He smiled so sweetly at me, then said "kiss mama, mouth" and reached over, grabbed my head, and planted a sweet wet one on my mouth (mouth closed :)).

Then I was rocking him about twenty minutes later and he was telling me about his last day of daycare for the month. He said that Sara hurt his hand (she is a cute little girl at daycare, and I wasn't worried about this)... So, as always, I tried to get more out of our conversation. I asked him what happened, and he said, "Sara, time out". I asked him how that made him feel, and he said, "Sad. Cry". I then asked AJ what makes him happy, and he says, "mamma, daddy, happy". I said, do mamma and daddy make you happy, and he said, "Yes". He then said, "Like Mamma and daddy". I couldn't believe how sweet that was, and completely unprompted. I clarified by saying, "You like mamma and daddy?" and he said "yes". That is when my tears started, and part of why the little blessing got an extra long bedtime routine. Thank you God for my daily blessing you have given us, and for the blessing we are so excited to meet!

No comments:

Post a Comment